Wednesday, December 13, 2006

But honey...

The following imaginary conversation just popped into my head:

John: But honey. It's another country. I'm not sure what I can do.

Teresa: Goddamnit John! Your a %^&ing United States Senator for chrissakes! Get your ass on a plane and go do something about this!

John: But schmookums...

Teresa: Stop! Just stop with the schmookums $%#@! It's not going to get you out of this. I don't care what you do just get the $%^# down to Caracas and straighten this guy out.

John: Yes honey...I'll leave tomorrow. Should I bring back some coffee?
__________________________________________

Pretty rough stuff, huh? Well, based on this little news blurb, what do you think happened in the Heinz-Kerry household?

Chavez has been seizing rural estates and factories -- often through legal actions carried out by governors in his ruling coalition -- since last year.

Among those companies that have had property seized by Chavez are H.J. Heinz Co., the world's largest ketchup maker, and Lorenzo Mendoza, Venezuela's second wealthiest man.